not sure what fish to get next...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HoCkEyGmC

Aquarium Advice Addict
since my cardinal died a while ago my bio load has lightened up a bit, so now i can fit one last fish in the tank. im lookin for somethin colorful, active, out of the ordinary, and maybe blue. i dont plan on gettin the fish for another ehhhhh, probly month or two so i have some time to work on other aspects of the tank like corals and inverts, also i will need out of town for almost a week so i dont want to risk another loss while im gone.
Thanks!

Why are you looking for a new fish when you can look for a new larger tank to buy!!! Eh Eh? Sounds good to me....lol. I could only think of a blue chromis or blue damsel? Those are the smaller ones and that would fit the best.

im gettin a 55 from my uncle whenever we can get together, we have been tryn for the past few weeks but with my hockey and his "saving the country" (as my dad calls it) stuff so its hard to find a day that we're both free. ive lookedatt he chromis but it looks kinda normal in a way, im thinkin more cool patterns and such. the dmasels seem a little too agressive for me. i was thinkin more along the lines of a wrasse.

im still not really finding much that i like. i like a bunch of the wrasses but idk if they would do ok. i like eome of the damsels but i know that they get aggressive. and i also like a ton of the dwarf angles but idk if any would do good in my tank.

ok so im just going to make a list and see what feedback i can get i guess.
flame angle
6 line wrasse
bicolor psuedochromis
royal grama
yellow tail damsel
blue sapphire damsel
azure damsel
longfin fairy wrasse
mccoskers flasher wrasse

maybe more, ill update it l8er prbly.
Thanks!

That seems like a compatible assortment of fish. I'm sure someone else will shine in on the topic.

My vote is for the 6 line wrasse or royal gramma. Any dwarf angel brings the risk of coral nipping. Most of the damsels are too agressive.

thats wut i was thinkin, jw but why not the other wrasses, i might just risk the coral nipping tho, thy are soo awesome i just dont kno if i can resist. still not sure.

I just got a baby royal gramma yesterday. Very cute and colorful! As well as pretty reef safe and peaceful for the most part. I'd recommend one :)

Hard to say since my little guy has only been in my tank for a few days. When he thinks i'm not looking hes out swimming about, but quickly darts back in his pot when Icome close. The ones I've seen that have been in the LFS main tank seem pretty active and out and about. I've heard they can be pretty outgoing/defensive or shy, depends on the fish.

i like theie colors bit a also really like the other wrasse's, not sure, still have another month or 2 to decide.

im not really too much of a fan for blennys except the scooters and they need large amounts of pods. im lookin for more of a fish that will swim alot on the water column and is pretty active.

I have a royal gramma myself, and he's in my tank with an ocellaris clown. They are very peaceful and mostly do their own thing. Mine was REALLY shy at first, but they get better and they do swim around a bit. They are not very active, but you will see yours moving around and may times just lounging somewhere in the tank. Mine has a little cave it loves to hide out in, but it does come out fairly often and swim around with the clown. As a comparisson, though, my clown comes up to the top of the tank and eats his food off my fingers as to where the gramma hides in his cave and generall dissapears if my hand goes in the tank.

They are very beautiful fish though! Very colorful and nice to look at, I highly reccommend it. I had a yellow-tailed damsel before, and unless you won't be bothered with its agressiveness, I strongly advise against it. They are the most "peaceful" of the damsel but can still get agressive, I had to take mine back because it would not leave my clown alone.

Hope this helped!

You kiddin' me? My fang blenny is always in the water column. This kind doesn't just perch. always moving. Very inquisitive and always checking stuff out. Loves to play dodge ball with my glass cleaner magnet.

Attachments

• Blenny.jpg
    Blenny.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 273
  • fang blenny.jpg
    fang blenny.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 103
looks like a cool little fish! ill keep it in mind. i still have been set on a fairy wrasse but i still have close to no info on them.

Oooh! Do the royal gramma......I have a 6 line wrasse and it's naughty. It has taken to pestering my clownfish pair.....evil, evil, evil!

Back
Top Bottom