Not sure which medication to use...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bunebop

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi,

I have a black skirt tetra that got beat up by my red minor tetras. He looked pretty bad by the time I had noticed what happened (all bloody, fins torn up pretty bad etc). I found him beat up last Sunday and he was moved to my 15 gallon with another black skirt that was beat up but has pretty fully recovered now, a betta, 3 plecos and a baby guppy in a breeder net. He (the one I moved in Sunday) is now started to grow white stuff. I'm assuming this is some kind of fungus (maybe ick, though I don't know). I'm at school and I can not get home this weekend, so I have been getting the details from my mom. What can I medicate the tank with to try and make him better and make it so that the other fish do not get it. The only thing I could think of from here is the "Melafix" stuff, but I wasn't sure. Also, should the baby guppy be taken out of the tank before it's medicated? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

I would remove the baby guppy and go ahead and use the melafix as directed. Make sure to remove any active carbon in the filter. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom