Now, that's service!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marchmaxima

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ordered 10 Threadfin Rainbow fish (Iriatherina Werneri). Received 22. All wonderfully packed for the loooooooong journey from Darwin to Melbourne. All seem to have arrived in good health, which is good given they've travelled 3100km (1900 miles) in 24 hours.

My two foot planted tank is looking wonderful with these gorgeous little things in it.

Can't take a good photo, so here's a link to a pic of what they look like for anyone whose interested.

http://yfrog.com/h0hggfij

wow!! what a beautiful and unusual fish, will have to try to source some here in England, never seen them before, thanks for the introduction Sharon.

Pete

Hahahahaha Pete, I'm loving your signature.

They're not even all that common down here. You certainly never see them in the LFSs. I source them from a dude up north who does all the tropical natives.

But they are a lovely spritely little species. Full of beans. As the little ones tend to be. :)

Very nice looking fish. Congrats on the pickups - the extras were a nice touch! :)

G'Day Sharon. a lot of the ladies like my signature, ha!ha!ha!. been looking aroung the net, haven't found anyThreadfin Rainbows, I reckon they'll take some finding here, but I won't give up, they are gorgeous, worth waiting for.
I was in Qld a couple of years back, wish I was still there.

Pete

Scalare said:
G'Day Sharon. a lot of the ladies like my signature, ha!ha!ha!. been looking aroung the net, haven't found anyThreadfin Rainbows, I reckon they'll take some finding here, but I won't give up, they are gorgeous, worth waiting for.
I was in Qld a couple of years back, wish I was still there.

Pete

That's cause it's right! Lol. I love that sig too.

Those fish are amazing! I'm gonna have to look into those. I can dream, and maybe someday it'll be a reality.

I wish I was in QLD too right now. It's cold in Melbourne.

They're a lot smaller than you realise. Which is why I can get away with 26 of them in a 15g. Course it also helps that I'm over-filtered.

So yes thought I'd get a school of 15-17 going in this tank and nothing else. Didn't really think I'd end up with this many, even factoring in the overly generous nature of my supplier, a fact quite well-known.

Should have seen how my tank look the last time I ordered a few plants. I ended up with a thick forest comprising too much of what I ordered, and some things I didn't.

The school is doing well. Seem to all be settling in happily.

Back
Top Bottom