Nutrafin Bug Bites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ImBettaThanCool

Aquarium Advice Activist
I had recently got this pellet food called "Nutrafin Bug Bites". I've heard that this is really good for bettas since the main ingredient is bugs. I just don't know how many of these tiny pellets to feed him though. He's about 2 and a half inches not including tail. The pellets are around 0.7 to 1 mm big. I feed him twice a day. I assume that this pellet food is different and doesn't expand in water but i'm probably wrong. So, how do I feed him? I also got this for my new community tank. It has e platys and 3 zebra danios.

You might need to check it out for yourself. Take a pellet and put a drop of water on it and see how much it expands over 5 minutes and compare to a dry pellet.

I think you could feed 4 maybe 5 as he gets bigger 2x per day IF they do NOT expand. Otherwise I might try 2 per feeding. Think of their eye size as about how much they would need to eat per feeding.

EDIT: Betta will gobble up lots of food and explode their stomach if too much food is in the tank (know of an occurrence of this happening).

Though younger growing fish need to eat a bit more often, not too much food at a time though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom