ODNO lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i would say between 3-5 months. they wear out based on heat. the hotter u run them the faster they loose the effect gasses in the tube. so the arnt running 4 times hotter so they wont wear 4 times faster but also they arnt running all that cool so they wont last 6 months. i would say every 4 months to be safe if u are doing 4X

For ODNO lights, I would say 3-6 months (3 for ODNO4x and 6 for ODNO 2x) This is ofcourse if you don't cool them down.. With proper ventilation you can preserve your bulbs for 12 Months.. Possibly longer but I wouldn't take a chance on that one..

As stated above. The endurance of any fluorescent bulb is dependant on the temperature the bulbs are operating at.

Sorry for digging this thread up out of nowere 8O

Wizzard~Of~Ozz said:
greenmaji, I haven't heard of people using a T8 ballast to drive T5 bulbs. I know it would require a replacement of the tombstones and the package would not be able to be used since t5 bulbs are shorter.

I checked RC a long time ago and a few people were playing with the idea, and tried it, but didn't use powerfull enough T-8 ballasts (to compensate for the extra wattage of the bulbs) and were getting poor results concuding that overdiving them was a waste of time :roll: :lol:

i just went to Home Depot and picked up two shoplights and rewired my twin 48" light for my 75 gal tank. 1 ballast per light.

the light seems to be just as bright before i rewired it. is there a way to tell if i am getting more light then before? heat?

edit:

i guess i will just have to see if my plants grow faster. duh.

ps the shoplights had SL-16 written on the back. these had SL-15 ballasts in them.

i also converted my 36" magnetic lamp to an SL-15 ballast at 2X.

thanks for the info everybody.

one more question:

if i were to change out the t-10's to t-8's, what would be my outcome? is it better to run 2 t-8's or 2 t-10's on my 48" strip?

Back
Top Bottom