Oh no!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Iwillbeatyoutwice

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is it ok for my goldfish to stay in one corner of the fish tank?

Also when he's pooping it's long and it won't break off.

To question 2--it'll probably break off eventually if it's poop. Otherwise, it might be a parasite.

To question 1--not so much, especially if it's constant. If you just got him, he may be adjusting. What kind of goldfish is it? Is it in the ten gallon you've posted about? Have you checked the ammonia levels? Sticking to one spot is a pretty good indicator of a not happy goldfish.

Nope 20gallon cycled perfect levels. Already did 50% water change. He's moving now. I think he was adjusting its a fantail a albino one.

Sweet ^_^ Then yes, he's probably adjusting. How's the poop situation?

He's pretty. Looks like he's a calico, not albino--albino would have red eyes and no color spots. :) Looks like the poo issue has solved itself. ^_^ I think you have the same bonsai tree decoration I do *lol* Just watch his fins with it--they're delicate, so if he plays too rough around it, he might injure himself on the "leaves". So far, my betta's been fine with it, but I'm watching as well, and if he starts getting injured, it's coming out.

^_^

When will he be all acclimate to his tank... Couple of days? When will he move all around everywhere?

Depends on the fish. My betta took a week or so to settle in. The gouramis took longer. My comet goldfish took less than an 30 minutes to decide the tank was his playground (but he has other fish in there, too. And just FYI for anyone reading and wondering about keeping a comet in a tank--it's temporary until the weather warms up and he can go outside :) ).

So long as he's not floating in one spot and not moving at all and he's eating, he should be ok. Just keep an eye on water parameters.

Back
Top Bottom