Oil on plastic tote

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ezy33

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just picked up food grade 275 gallon tote. It was used for coconut oil. Looking for a way for removing the oil film with using soap. I've tried lemon juice and baking soda with hot water but it's still has a film.

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Having been in the restaurant business for nearly 10 years, you're gonna have to use AT LEAST Dawn dish detergent and scrub like heck. That may not even get the oil film off, which means using a heavy degreaser and more scrubbing. Either way will require a lot of rinsing afterwards to make sure any trace of the chemicals are gone

Then it's plan B. I'll use it for RO waste water holding instead of RO filtered water for watering plants.

Then it's plan B. I'll use it for RO waste water holding instead of RO filtered water for watering plants.

Haha you just gave me an idea what to do with the RO waste now instead of throwing it down the drain. :p

There really is no reason not to use detergent on it. Detergent will rinse off and not leave a residue. If you are worried use it for something else for a while.

Back
Top Bottom