Ok need advice on moving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SnowZz

Aquarium Advice Freak
i plan moving about 4 hours away, any advice how to break it down and build it, what to store it in and what portable battery operated things are available.

More details

What sort of livestock are you moving and how big is the tank? Ive moved my 47 gallon FOWLR about 4 times so i can try giving you some advice.

what kind of tank are you moving need details. ive moved my 75 a couple of times and my buddies 60 as well

I would start with the corals in a bucket of tank water then the live rock in another. Then the fish will be easier to catch, again in their own bucket (ice chest will work too). In a small tank like 55 gallon I would leave the sand and enough water to keep it covered. Try to keep from stirring up the sand unless you want to take this time to clean it. 4 hours should be no problem just reacclimate the animals before putting them back into the tank. I would start with the rock, new and your old water, corals then the fish.

Some of you livestock seem to be in too small of a aquarium. Most Sea Horse's will need a tank of 20 gallon and up depending on the species. While your tang will need a 70 gallon in a year or so.

Back
Top Bottom