Ok to leave lights off for a few days?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

laurieb

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey folks!
I am going away for a few days and I have 2 tanks. One is a goldie tank with low light plants and the other one is a tropical community with just some floating wisteria.
I just realized that I only have one working timer for the lights. I'm leaving early tomorrow morning and getting another timer before I go would be a royal pain.
So, would if be ok to leave the light off on one of the tanks, Sunday thru Tues evening? I want to put the timer on goldie light since it's an overhead clamp on light downstairs near the front window which would give the appearance of someone being home. The tropical tank is in an upstairs bedroom.
I'm so mad that I didn't check the timers sooner!!!

Hey folks!
I am going away for a few days and I have 2 tanks. One is a goldie tank with low light plants and the other one is a tropical community with just some floating wisteria.
I just realized that I only have one working timer for the lights. I'm leaving early tomorrow morning and getting another timer before I go would be a royal pain.
So, would if be ok to leave the light off on one of the tanks, Sunday thru Tues evening? I want to put the timer on goldie light since it's an overhead clamp on light downstairs near the front window which would give the appearance of someone being home. The tropical tank is in an upstairs bedroom.
I'm so mad that I didn't check the timers sooner!!!

The tank with the floating wisteria I'd say don't worry. The other one use the timer. When you gay back buy a new timer. But I don't think you need to leave the lights one for three days for he other tank.

Back
Top Bottom