Online Sources for Aquarium Plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DarylF2

Aquarium Advice Activist
My local fish stores have a poor selection of aquatic plants, which are sometime unhealthy and rarely thriving. Most are low-light plants, and some mix non-aquatic plants into their selections, making buying from them tricky...

I've been looking to purchase some online, but I don't know what sources are reliable, priced fairly, and ship properly.

What online sources of live aquatic plants would you all recommend (commercial online stores, eBay vendors, etc.)?

First and foremost I'd recommend checking out the Barter/Trade forum here at AA. Many members offer their trimmings for free or just the cost of shipping. If you're looking for something in specific you could post a wanted ad. You can get some really great plants by trading with the members of various forums.

If you still want to order online through a vendor, I would recommend checking out www.AquariumPlants.com. I've had great luck with them and would gladly order from them again, if it weren't for being able to find everything I want from other hobbiests.

Lowcoaster on Aquabid also gets rave reviews from a lot of the members here, though I've never actually ordered from him myself. You can order from him through Aquabid directly or ask for his pricelist.

Aquariumplants.com has a great selection, great prices, and reasonable shipping. They pack their plants properly and all arrived alive (i used overnight).

AquaticPlantDepot.com has great shipping ($10 on any order) but a not so good selection. Its good for common plant choices (some crypts, wisteria, some anubias, bacopa, etc..), but not a great selection overall. They ship properly and plants arrive alive (3 days in transit). I order from them when I just need some common plants.

Those are the only two I recommend that I've personally used.

I'm with Purrbox on the Aquabid site. Check out a guy by the name of lowcoaster. He is probably one of the best plant guys out there, not to mention that he's also an AA member.

Back
Top Bottom