Open brain bleeching?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jason1985

Aquarium Advice Freak
Open brain bleaching or damaged tissue?

Last night I came home too see my open brain has started to bleach a little. The part you see in the picture was actually up against the live rock, when the brain would PUFF up this part would be rubbing against the rock.

Could this be the cause of tissue damage? Will this kill the whole coral if not can it heal?

Attachments

• IMG_4750.jpg
    IMG_4750.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 73
I agree with Neilanh leave it on the sand where it should be and make sure of pristine water conditions and it should be OK.

yea! it was always on the sand, it would just rub up agains the rocks when it would blow up! I seen it release some white powder stuff the other day.

The open brain is turning more white day by day :(

here are my water conditions,

Amonia : 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 15
PH:8.4
Salinity: 1.025

Flow over coral: Min
No direct light and sitting on sand.

How do I save this coral?

What is your calcium reading and alk? I still personally dont think you have enough lighting if your sig is right. Two bulbs and they are not HO lights. Just my thinking.

I dont have tests for calcium or alk. I'll pick up the two bottles and run the test.

I might not have enough lighting, it's possible... Right now the Skeleton is showing pretty good.. I raised it up on a rock closer to the light and I will feed it.

Update on the Open brain.

Half of the skeleton is showing now and it no longer blows up at all. I did a 25% water change and bought a 24" 4xT5 HO light even though I'm not sure of keeping my 25gallon once my 180 is fully up and running.
11341289.jpg
http://www.usedottawa.com/photos/01/89/11341289.jpg

Back
Top Bottom