Opinion on 24Wx4 T5HO schedule and bulb placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alex07

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I have a Odyssea T5HO 24W x 4 on my 20 long
My schedule is the following:
4 bulbs 2:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Moonlights 9:28pm - 1:30 am

Bulb placement:
Actinic
Actinic

What do you think about my lighting schedule and the placement of the bulbs?

I am open for all suggestions.

Curious as to a couple things - first of all, did you mean 1:30am in that second time phase? Secondly, what is happening between 1:30am and 2:00pm? And third, can the bulbs be turned on and off in groups of two or not?

If they can, I'd consider adding a dawn/evening photoperiod by running only a single pair of lights for a 1 or 2 hour block both before and after the "full sun" photoperiod of all four lights.

And finally, just curious, why just the 10,000K and actinic bulb choices? There are sooooo many other color ranges and options that are out there than can dramatically change the look and coloring of your tank and its inhabitants.

Wy Renegade said:
Curious as to a couple things - first of all, did you mean 1:30am in that second time phase? Secondly, what is happening between 1:30am and 2:00pm? And third, can the bulbs be turned on and off in groups of two or not?

If they can, I'd consider adding a dawn/evening photoperiod by running only a single pair of lights for a 1 or 2 hour block both before and after the "full sun" photoperiod of all four lights..

And finally, just curious, why just the 10,000K and actinic bulb choices? There are sooooo many other color ranges and options that are out there than can dramatically change the look and coloring of your tank and its inhabitants.

My mistake, I meant my moonlights are on from 9:28 pm- 1:30 am. Yes the bulbs can be turned on and off in groups of 2

Ok so
2 front on @ 1 pm
2 back on @ 2 pm
2 front off @ 9:30 pm
2 back off @ 10:30 pm
Moonlights on @ 10:28 pm

Well the fixture came with those lights. I do want to change my bulbs to make my corals stand out more.

Back
Top Bottom