Opinions? Experience? Pingkay Canister Filters...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schoeplein

Aquarium Advice Addict
As the subject says, anyone with experience with these units? They look virtually identical to cannister filters made by Sunsun and other rebranded units like Aquatop or Marineland.

Sunsun HW-304B is effectively identical to the Aquatop CF500-UV, and both match the stats, sizing, and functionality of the Pingkay with a "525“gph pump. Pingkay also appears to come with carbon, ceramic bio, bio balls, and mesh filters, while the others come only with mesh filters. And it's a few dollars cheaper than the Sunsun unit. From everything I've read, Aquatop actually has a customer service department, while the others are more of the "not really" department.

I've already ordered the Sunsun model knowing it's identical to the Aquatop version (and actually supplies the units to Aquatop), but I'm curious if the Pingkay is also made by Sunsun if I needed a second filter in the future.

Amazon.com: Pingkay Free Media 5-stage External Canister Filter with 9-watt Uv Sterilizer, 525 GPH: Pet Supplies

Amazon.com : SunSun HW-304B 5-Stage External Canister Filter with 9-watt UV Sterilizer, 525 GPH : Aquarium Filters : Pet Supplies

Amazon.com : Aquatop CF500UV 5-Stage Canister Filter with UV 9W, 525 gph : Aquarium Filters : Pet Supplies

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

As the subject says, anyone with experience with these units? They look virtually identical to cannister filters made by Sunsun and other rebranded units like Aquatop or Marineland.

Sunsun HW-304B is effectively identical to the Aquatop CF500-UV, and both match the stats, sizing, and functionality of the Pingkay with a "525“gph pump. Pingkay also appears to come with carbon, ceramic bio, bio balls, and mesh filters, while the others come only with mesh filters. And it's a few dollars cheaper than the Sunsun unit. From everything I've read, Aquatop actually has a customer service department, while the others are more of the "not really" department.

I've already ordered the Sunsun model knowing it's identical to the Aquatop version (and actually supplies the units to Aquatop), but I'm curious if the Pingkay is also made by Sunsun if I needed a second filter in the future.

Amazon.com: Pingkay Free Media 5-stage External Canister Filter with 9-watt Uv Sterilizer, 525 GPH: Pet Supplies

Amazon.com : SunSun HW-304B 5-Stage External Canister Filter with 9-watt UV Sterilizer, 525 GPH : Aquarium Filters : Pet Supplies

Amazon.com : Aquatop CF500UV 5-Stage Canister Filter with UV 9W, 525 gph : Aquarium Filters : Pet Supplies

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Although I can't comment on this model, copies of many products, not just aquarium products, is fairly common. The SunSun is a copy of the TetraTec Ex's. Cobalt Neo heaters are a copy of the Aquael Neo Heater. I'm sure there are many more examples. Some copies quality is questionable but then some are practically identical. It can be to do with where they are sold too. As far as I know TetraTec and Aquael don't trade in the US, while the others do. Cost can also be because some companies have higher cost due to advertising, development, staffing etc etc. These costs have to be passed onto the consumer. A perfect example of this is drug companies. Branded and Generic drugs, although they both are identical, the cost difference is massive.
My point is, just because it's cheaper and not a name brand does not mean it's not as good.....

The same manufacturer makes the filters for sunsun, aquatop, etc. They are the same thing and I own a few different ones. So far I am happy with their performance.

Back
Top Bottom