Opinions on feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Duh my bad. 55 long fire eel, delhezi bichir and a polleni cichlid. Than the 20 long has 2 black skirt tetras, 1 tiger barb, iridescent shark, tire track eel

I use to feed the 20 long nothing but bloodworms til I joined this forum and read that it's not all that great

I cycle what I feed my guys: 1st day, brine shrimp just like what you have, 2nd day flakes, 3rd day frozen cubes of bloodworms (just like your brine shrimp), then pellets the 4th day, then start the cycle over again. On Sundays I don't feed them anything.

From what I've heard, the same food EVERY day is like eating a Big Mac/Whopper everyday. Sure, you can survive, but just how healthy would you be from the lack of variety.

I cycle what I feed my guys: 1st day, brine shrimp just like what you have, 2nd day flakes, 3rd day frozen cubes of bloodworms (just like your brine shrimp), then pellets the 4th day, then start the cycle over again. On Sundays I don't feed them anything.

From what I've heard, the same food EVERY day is like eating a Big Mac/Whopper everyday. Sure, you can survive, but just how healthy would you be from the lack of variety.

Well said, that was a really good way too put it and totally transforms my look on feeding.

for my tropicals I use omega one super color flakes and NLS thera a..good quality flake food with no fish meal and the new life spectrum has garlic in it to help prevent parasites.

for the 55 the brine shrimp and other meaty foods are fine. for your 20 long a good flake food is fine, with occasional frozen treats

Back
Top Bottom