Oranda Eggs!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2cvbloke

Aquarium Advice FINatic
As I mentioned in the Ich thread, Whitey has been popping eggs out, I said I wasn't going to breed them, but just for curiosity's sake, I've put a few into a small tub (usually used for carrying rodents, small amphibians or housing a Betta according to the label (Not recommended, it's too small!!!)), so, we'll just have to wait and see if they hatch or not... :D

good luck. oh and if you can keep the temp around 80 degrees.

Thanks, the tank's staying up at 86f cos of the ich problem (although thinking about it, it could have been breeding spots as the other fish haven't had any spots, but Whitey had spots and females don't get spotty... :confused: ), but anyway, I'll have to see what happens, and if they hatch I'll pop down to InStore and get a largish plastic container to use as a tank for them... :)

breeding spots are on the gills and barely notice able. good luck. hope you get some babies soon. if you do send me a pic. thanks

breeding spots are on the gills and barely notice able. good luck. hope you get some babies soon. if you do send me a pic. thanks

Thanks, I have examined Mop as closely as I can, but he just won't stay still long enough to see if he has his spots, everytime I get close to the tank they think I'm going to feed them!!! :lol:

But yes, I hope to see some little baby fishies, I don't know what I'll do with them though, might sell them or might just give them away on Freecycle, but we'll see what transpires... :D

I have a picture of the masses of eggs, but I can't find my camera's cable or my card reader, so I can't upload that just yet... :(

Hmm, looks like they're not going to hatch, they look like they've turned white and are going a bit iffy... :(

Ah well, maybe next time... :)

Thanks, I have examined Mop as closely as I can, but he just won't stay still long enough to see if he has his spots, everytime I get close to the tank they think I'm going to feed them!!! :lol:
same with my mollies every time i get near the tank they want food.
Hmm, looks like they're not going to hatch, they look like they've turned white and are going a bit iffy... :sad:

Ah well, maybe next time... :)
have patience give them at least a week.

same with my mollies every time i get near the tank they want food.

have patience give them at least a week.

I will do, but they have gone white and seem to have a blob round them, unless that's normal, but I have read that white eggs are duff eggs, but we'll see... :)

Nope, definitely looks like they have gone bad, I'll pull the tub out tomorrow, it's a bit late now (midnight here in the UK)... :)

I just wish it would all hurry up though, I'm getting tinnitus from the humming of the air pump!!! :lol:

oh ok. im sorry

It's ok, it only lasts until I fall asleep, my dad used to get it badly though when he was a delivery driver, some find it comforting to have an off-station radio under the pillow as it eases the sounds the ears make... :)

I must try that sometime... :lol:

try this heres what i do i take one of those portable fans that you just plug in the wall it makes a nice smooth noise that drains everything else out. good luck.

try this heres what i do i take one of those portable fans that you just plug in the wall it makes a nice smooth noise that drains everything else out. good luck.

Actually, that could be useful to get the warm air from the radiators moving, the bedroom is pretty cold at night in there!!! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom