Oscar question again, sorry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Etown612

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So he's an albino Oscar, there are little white(not cloudy) parts on his eye mixed with the orange color. I went to lfs this morning and their entire tank of albinos all had the same, so is it a stupid question to ask if this is normal? He's completely fine and back to his normal self, has no problem seeing or finding food or bumping into anything...thanks everyone.

image-1650005371.jpg

Don't know if it's too small if so I'll take one when I get home

Its kind of hard to see. Are both eyes the same size? Do you see anything wrong with his behaviour? Eating?

He's completely fine, no cloudy eyes, no popeye either side and he's acting normal

It could be normal but closer pictures of his eye will help a lot.

And his fin was always like that since he was small idk if something took a bite out of him when he was smaller but it's not recent

Apparently it's fin rot, I gently netted him today and got most of it off his fin, gotta start melafix again=(

I thought u said he had a fin like that his whole life? You can't have fin rot that long let alone in a single section like that.

That's how he was when I bought him. I'm positive, I just thought something else nipped his fin, maybe it got treated before I bought him and it's in the process of healing? He was only about 1-2 inches, and it hasn't gotten worse at all.

About 3 months, but it hasn't gotten worse at all

3 months is a long time to have fin rot. IMO I doubt he has fin rot. You can treat him if you want though. Its not uncommon for a fish to have a deformation. If you want to be safe PM a user here called HUKIT he knows a great deal more about oscars than i do.

I didn't think it was either but high and mighty lfs said it was, like I said it's been the same the whole time I've had him, water has been pretty much perfect since nitrate spike. I added another filter, so it's 750 gph now with 1-2 50% water changes a week, thanks for your input=)

Back
Top Bottom