Otos and Driftwood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
How much will my Otos eat away at my driftwood? because lets say I Dont Want ANYTHING Happening To It. Basicly the otos bite little peices of of it and theres wood all over the bases of my peices. However they have cleaned up my tank wonderfully but I am consurned that they will continue to eat the wood. Will they only eat the top layer off thats soft or will they keep eating at it wearing holes in it and what not because I just cant have that kind of thing happening.

In my experience Ottos don't eat driftwood, they just clean it gently. They haven't harmed mine, just keep it clean.

Are you supplementing them? I haven't seen them do that kind of damage to wood. I would be sure to offer blanched veggies like zucchini and peas. They should prefer that over the wood.

Im going to try giving them some blanched Veggies, I just figured they had enough food via algae with my T5 Lighting but they keep up with it so well its just gone all the time now.

Back
Top Bottom