Over stocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amicus

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I know that my tank may be over stocked, don't want to admit though. I talked to my lfs and they will take the fish that I would get rid of. :( Ok, this is a 29g with plenty of plastic plants, wood and a little other structure. I do weekly testing and 20% pwc weekly and running a bio wheel. I have a total of 24" of fish. The fish are: 3 danios, 3 red miners, 2 dwarfs, 3 corys :), 6 neon tetras, 1 Bn pleco, 1 black Molly, and 1 mango platy and three phantom catfish. I am willing to part with the danios and the Molly. Feel bad about taking them from their home though. Everyone seems to be doing ok. Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Your problem isn't really that you are overstocked, but your fish aren't in proper groups. Danios, corys and phantom catfish need to be in groups 5+. Platy and mollies do best in groups of 3+. Also, what do you mean by red miners? Red minor sepere tetras? Red minnows? Both of those fish need groups of 5+. Also, dwarf what? What type of cory?

I would do this stocking:

5 red minor serpe tetras
5-6 cory cats (unless they are emerald)
6 neon tetras
1 pleco or 5 phantom catfish
1 platy

thats less than what i have in my 29 gallon.. its just your choices are wrong, and the number need to be upped..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom