Over stocked.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Richi106

Aquarium Advice Regular
HI everyone! I am a beginner in fish keeping.
I currently have a 90l aqua one aquarium with

2 giant danios
2 zebra danios
1 serpea tetra
2x krebenisis
5 tiger barbs
3x bristle nose catfish

I just keep adding fish because the guy at the aquarium shop says its ok.

Thanks!!

HI everyone! I am a beginner in fish keeping. I currently have a 90l aqua one aquarium with 2 giant danios 2 zebra danios 1 serpea tetra 2x krebenisis 5 tiger barbs 3x bristle nose catfish I just keep adding fish because the guy at the aquarium shop says its ok. Thanks!!
Welcome to AA! Is it over stocked? Slightly. Incorrectly stocked? Yes.

I would choose between the tiger barbs or a school (6) of serpaes and a school (6) of zebra danios. Not all three. If you want to keep the kribs (assuming they are a pair) I would cut down to 1 bristlenose. If the are both male then id have just one krib. The tank is too small for the giant danios IMO.

HI everyone! I am a beginner in fish keeping.
I currently have a 90l aqua one aquarium with

2 giant danios
2 zebra danios
1 serpea tetra
2x krebenisis
5 tiger barbs
3x bristle nose catfish

I just keep adding fish because the guy at the aquarium shop says its ok.

Thanks!!

Well the giant danios, zebra danios, tiger barbs and bristle nose catfish are good, krebenisis will do better in groups of their own kind, serpea tetra need schools to live a good, healthy life. I would only keep two bristle nose to avoid overstocking with this you should be good :) so add two more danios of sack type, keep the tiger barbs and only keep 2 bristle nose, good luck.

Thanks!

The serpae tetra and danios I have had for over a year they were purchased when I cycled the tank.

So in the end I plan to have
6 tiger barbs
Male krebenisis
Female krebenisis
1 male brittlenose
2 female brittlenose

Hopefully the pet shop will take the giant Danish back.

Does that sound better

Cheers!!

Goldfish loach boy said:
Well the giant danios, zebra danios, tiger barbs and bristle nose catfish are good, krebenisis will do better in groups of their own kind, serpea tetra need schools to live a good, healthy life. I would only keep two bristle nose to avoid overstocking with this you should be good :) so add two more danios of sack type, keep the tiger barbs and only keep 2 bristle nose, good luck.

Ok sound good. Thanks !!!

Thanks!

The serpae tetra and danios I have had for over a year they were purchased when I cycled the tank.

So in the end I plan to have
6 tiger barbs
Male krebenisis
Female krebenisis
1 male brittlenose
2 female brittlenose

Hopefully the pet shop will take the giant Danish back.

Does that sound better

Cheers!!

This looks pretty good. Ya will want to watch the kribs with the bristlenoses (BNs) to make sure the kribs don't claim a hiding place and batter the BNs protecting it. Make sure ya have several caves for the BNs and kribs to hide out in. Hafta ask though, if the pet shop takes the giant Danish back, what do ya plan on doin' with the giant danios? :) Hopefully not havin' 'em fer breakfast.

WYite

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom