overflow question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikebaker

Aquarium Advice Activist
I need an overflow with a failsafe that will automatically restart the shiphon after a power outage, does anyone have any recomendations, i'm looking for something around 600gph.. provide manufacturer and pricing if possible. Thanks in advance.

The tube style overflows (ebay etc) are all supposed to restart by themselves. It's inherent in the design, as long as you trim the tubes appropriately. If you go too short (like me :) ) it doesn't always work. But that was my error, not the equipment.

I personally choose the J-Tube with no pump. Teh desing is backed by pure physics and mine have always restarted. In a pwer outage, you can never be sure everything will come back on, and if the little pump does not resume sucking, your life will!

MadManMac said:
I personally choose the J-Tube with no pump. Teh desing is backed by pure physics and mine have always restarted. In a pwer outage, you can never be sure everything will come back on, and if the little pump does not resume sucking, your life will!

yes ,dont find out the hard way... caught mine after about 5 gallon hit the floor... 8O

where can you get the j tube style ones, and could you explain how the siphon restarts itself? Thanks

I have my tank already, and all of the panels are tempered, so i can't drill it. Anyone using a j tube, where did you get it?

Back
Top Bottom