Paint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tinyninjafishy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everybody! I bought some tanks that were painted and it is blue which I don't like so I am trying to get it off. Does anybody know the best way to do so? Thanks!

Keeping the glass wet will reduce the chances of scratching it. A spray bottle works for that. The angle of the blade is important also.

Thanks! I will definitely wet it before I go at it again. Jeta, do you have any idea of what kind of paint removing chemical?

tinyninjafishy said:
Thanks! I will definitely wet it before I go at it again. Jeta, do you have any idea of what kind of paint removing chemical?

Saw some citrus based paint stripper at Home Depot the other day. That might be safer than a harsh chemical, and possibly easier to completely clean off without leaving a potentially harmful residue.

Windex or slightly soapy water in a spray bottle, a straight razor blade, and a little patience. I prefer not to use harsh chems for removal ;)

Use the blade at a 45 degree angle and avoid running the blade lengthwise across the glass. Not difficult!

I've had success with nail polish remover and a razor blade but proceed with caution.

I might have to give all of them a try! I used the water spray bottle and a razor blade scraper thing and it worked pretty well actually! Thank you!

Yeah I only have two more tanks to go haha. You all really saved me A LOT of time! Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom