Painting tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just be super careful.

Mask, wrap and paper the areas where fumes could enter, ie round the lid or any air holes.

I'd do a google search see if there are any tips?

Mumma.of.two said:
IMO painting with a paint roller would be safer than a spray can considering there are fish in the tank.

But even paint you brush on has fumes that wouldn't be nice for fishies :)

I would just go with the adhesive backgrounds to save any change of harm lol.

Scouser said:
But even paint you brush on has fumes that wouldn't be nice for fishies :)

I would just go with the adhesive backgrounds to save any change of harm lol.

Yes, but there wouldn't be bits of paint floating around in the air like from an aerosol. I think it's doable as long as the top of the tank is sealed. People paint rooms with tanks in them no problem.

Mumma.of.two said:
Yes, but there wouldn't be bits of paint floating around in the air like from an aerosol. I think it's doable as long as the top of the tank is sealed. People paint rooms with tanks in them no problem.

I said seal the tank lol :(

An where did the talk of spray paint come from? :S

You can also get paints that are less toxic. They are like "child safe" type stuff. Just less toxic stuff in them.

Wouldnt it be easier to just buy a plain black background? Instead of going through the trouble of painting it? Do they even sell that?

Mumma.of.two said:
Painting looks ssoooo much better than any stick in background, that's why.

Well i guess, but they sell like this liquid that u rub on the glass before you stick the background wallpaper. Its suppose to bring out the color. Wouldnt that work?? I just gor into this so I wouldnt really know whats hip.

Back
Top Bottom