painting the back glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquaman29

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is there any special kind of Paint needed to Paint on the glass?

I used krylon fusion spray paint, flat black. I used 6 or 7 coats. It turned out really nice.

I just put a coat of plain old black interior house paint and applied with a brush. It looks great. Once it's full of water and decor, it pretty much just looks black no matter what you use.

There is a guy on you tube used latex paint from the hobby department, claimed it was easy to remove.

Plastidip works great too and it's cheap. Comes right off

Plastidip. Easy to use, peels right off, comes in many different colors and for $6 a can. It would take less than two cans to lay down 5-6 coats depending on tank size.

Plastidip. Easy to use, peels right off, comes in many different colors and for $6 a can. It would take less than two cans to lay down 5-6 coats depending on tank size.

x2 im actually about to plastidip my rear glass on my tank as well, just remember to clean the surface really well with paint thinner or alcohol and a lint free cloth and make sure your in a well ventilated area, the plastidip will stink up an entire room and hallway believe me lol
:facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom