Parameter problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the one I used was called nutrafin safe start. If you search there are about half a dozen different brands. You want it to say nitrifying bacteria. You can do a search here too. There have been some threads discussing which brands were better etc...

To be honest I do not remember the brand. Members here will hopefully give you some suggestions. Some say it works, some say it doesn't, but all agree it won't harm...I will hop online and see if I can jog my memory as to what I used.

Thank you a bunch. I really need all the help I can get. It's really refreshing when I talk to people that truly wanna help make it work instead of constantly saying everything you do is wrong.

I think the one I used was called nutrafin safe start. If you search there are about half a dozen different brands. You want it to say nitrifying bacteria. You can do a search here too. There have been some threads discussing which brands were better etc...

I'll be hunting when I get the chance to. Thank you.

Hi! I know it's sometimes hard to scrape up the cash when in college but one filter I'd highly recommend for a 10 gallon is the Aquaclear 20. Amazon.com: AquaClear 20 Power Filter - 110 V, UL Listed (Includes AquaClear 20 Carbon, AquaClear 20 Foam & AquaClear 20 BioMax): Pet Supplies

You could double up the AC20 and your Whisper and that'd make for a decent amount of filtration.

Is there a way to lower them easier than daily massive water changes? And I was told on this forum that three Cory cats in a 10 was fine. It's so frustrating and confusing when everyone tells you something different. I'm sure I'm not the only one with no idea what's the real thing to go by. I'm sure everyone has dealt with this problem.

If I recall correctly I believe it was mentioned that some cories could do ok in a 10 gallon but most would require a larger tank, thus placing the emphasis on researching what your LFS had before purchasing.

You fish should be OK in 10 gal. AquaClear 20 is definitely much better filter. But the question is whether you want to put more money in your 10 gal setup? May be stick with what you have for awhile get feel of it and later invest in large tank with better filter and keep 10 gal as quarantine/spare?

That sounds a lot better. The only investment I plan on making for that thing is the bacteria bottle stuff and a clip-on desk lamp for the light. The cheap smalltown redneck came out and I stuck my desk lamp on a cardboard box beside my tank to light up for the plants. Needless to say, that was a bad idea. Unsteady, no weight to it, and takes up a lot of my desk. And I want a bigger tank when I have a place of my own and have a cichlid or so in it.

The litter box is gone, the water change is done, the plants are fed, the ammonia absorber is in, the bottle of bacteria is used, and as far as I know, I'm done messing with it for the day. Other than putting a rock in the corner where my snails keep burying themselves. If it ain't fixed now, it ain't never getting fixed.

Back
Top Bottom