Particles(dust like) floating around in my tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmgixxer

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had my tank up and running for about 2 months and Did a few water changes to see if I can get rid of the particles but its no use. I took my water to my lfs to get tested and everything is like it needs to be. I am running t5 lights, a wet/dry filter with carbon in it, fluval 405 with carbon also, 2 yellow tangs,2 dimond gobe's, yellowtail damzel, 14 snails, 2 crabs, about 90lbs of LR, xenias,green star polyp. I have a 75g tank. If anyone can give me advice I'd appreciate it.

tmgixxer said:
I have had my tank up and running for about 2 months and Did a few water changes to see if I can get rid of the particles but its no use. I took my water to my lfs to get tested and everything is like it needs to be. I am running t5 lights, a wet/dry filter with carbon in it, fluval 405 with carbon also, 2 yellow tangs,2 dimond gobe's, yellowtail damzel, 14 snails, 2 crabs, about 90lbs of LR, xenias,green star polyp. I have a 75g tank. If anyone can give me advice I'd appreciate it.

Could be dafnia (water fleas). Do they move on there own if there's no water flow?

Panda.moanium said:
Could be dafnia (water fleas). Do they move on there own if there's no water flow?

I'm not sure I have not tried to turn of the power head. But It seems as if they would.

I'm not sure they I have not turned off the power head. But it seems as they would.

tmgixxer said:
I'm not sure they I have not turned off the power head. But it seems as they would.

I don't have any real idea of what there is for a saltwater tank. I didn't even realize that's what you had a first. I just reread it.

I would say maybe get some type of filter feeder? A couple filter shrimp or something.

O have a peppermint shrimp and a boxer shrimp also.

Well, I'm tapped out. I don't even know if daphnia can live in salt water.

Wish I could help more. :-(

Panda.moanium said:
Well, I'm tapped out. I don't even know if daphnia can live in salt water.

Wish I could help more. :-(

Thanks for all the help and trying to help me figure out what it is.

They are not bubbles cause I just set up my nano cube and I got those in there and the ones in my 75g look nothing like the ones in the cube so I don't think they are micro bubbles. It almost looks like dust.

Did you clean the algae recently? When they break up they kind of look like dust. Same thing if diatoms are disturbed.

I do know I am in the diatom stage and i do clean it off about 2 times a week so it looks clean.

Thank you. I also had a question would my boxer shrimp beat up on a copper band ? Cause I saw my copper band bleeding so I took him out and put him in my cube and this morning it was gone. :(

I have not checked the calcium to be honest I don't know how but I did add some calcium for the coral. But since I added it I have done 2 water changes and I get the same look and you couldn't of explained it better it looks like a little bit of snow. Lol

tmgixxer said:

You might consider a uv sterilizer,however,I have a 75 myself with only one Diamond Goby.Two could be your problem.Check when you first turn your lights on,is it as bad then or just after the lights have been on awhile.One Diamond Goby is all you need for a 75 gallon especially with your tank being so new.The two gobies would be more and more active with the sand to keep from starving,which could be your problem.

Yes I do have to gobe's and one is actually rather big about 3". I will take one out and put it in my cube. Do you think it will be a problem if my sand is black in there? it's not LS.

I've got that in my seahorse tank, the water always has little particles floating around. It is just debris, I'm unsure why it doesn't settle out and look clean like my other tanks. Could be the circular flow, I only have flow coming from the outlet from the sump and it causes a circular flow in my hexagon. I can't put another power head in either because the seahorses don't like it.

Well my cube has the black sand and that one is crystal clear but I have no power head in that one. My 75 is where I have all the dust like particles and that one does have the power head and the two filtration returns.

Back
Top Bottom