Patty and Johnnys new Juvenile Tiger Oscar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I want an oscar so bad...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Bummer. This stuff refuses to be sunk. I'm using 5-10lb river rock on the larger pieces attaching it with silicon based hot glue. All three detach themselves from the rock. Guess I will swap it out tomorrow for Malaysian.....

Attachments

• 1418684836137.jpg
    1418684836137.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 74
Get one! They're so fipping awesome.

Have the 75 gal in storage.. i need a house!! My gf said if I find us a nice house i can have my own fish room!! I have the 75 for an oscar and a 46 now front for her sw clown tank..

Bummer. This stuff refuses to be sunk. I'm using 5-10lb river rock on the larger pieces attaching it with silicon based hot glue. All three detach themselves from the rock. Guess I will swap it out tomorrow for Malaysian.....

Noo.. do you own a power drill?? Zip ties??

Fish room! :drools: Yes, someday when my kids move out. My oldest is only 13 :/ So, take home lesson? Dance all night so you'll always have room for a fish room ;)

It will probally take a couple weeks for those to get water loged.

Sent from my SPH-P500 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The guy warned me the would have to be weighted. He tried forcing them under in a 55g drum for weeks with no luck....

Took 7 or 8 months for a piece I got from the beach to sink on its own. And as for spending 200 on a 4$ fish, get used to it cuz your gonna spend a lot more lol. My oscar was 50$ and including tank and accessories its over 3000 by now.

Drill a hole in the wood and zip tie it to a few rocks of yours..

A drill, a chunk of slate (for the base), and some stainless steel screws should work for the DW.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I guess I should have mentioned that none of the rocks I have are heavy enough to sink the two larger pieces. Even when glued on they never sank, just kinda bobbed until the glue gave way then the rock dropped. And the mass of the rocks needed to sink em kinda defeats my purpose of hiding them under my sand bed. Its only about 2 1/2-3 inches deep. I need a lot of weight in a small package.....

Took 7 or 8 months for a piece I got from the beach to sink on its own. And as for spending 200 on a 4$ fish, get used to it cuz your gonna spend a lot more lol. My oscar was 50$ and including tank and accessories its over 3000 by now.

Good thing we love him! Sheesh!

Hmmmm.....slate......like a big piece buried under the sand? Still, I wonder if even that would be enough weight. Crazy strong suction cups drilled into the base of each piece? Hmmmm

Nope, just some four inch screws and slate

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

That's how they sell big pieces at my lfs, the sand will create suction on the slate..that's the way to do it..

That's how they sell big pieces at my lfs, the sand will create suction on the slate..that's the way to do it..

Exactly. I always get Malaysian wood but everyone around here sells big chunks on slate

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

He is fantastic. Fierce little eater. Never could get that stinkin DW to sink, its some kind of a red wood but I can't recall exactly what kind. I've literally tied more than 15lb of rock and its still floating out of the water (can't even put my lid on the tank). When I'm off work I'm just going to swap out for Malaysian pieces.

Back
Top Bottom