Pavestone Pea Gravel ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snype2live

Aquarium Advice Freak
i know this has come accross alot but i keep getting contradicting answers so here it is simply if i wash and clean and boil good is the brand Pavestone pea gravel safe for my aquarium ??? it says pond safe on it ?? so heres the cleaning plan i plan on washing it out very good with strainers and buckets then boil them out then soak in bleach over night then boil them out again in the morning or maybe skip the bleaching ???\

edit its called pea pebbles

I don't have Pavestone brand, but I have others I've purchased from home stores like Lowes and Home Depot. Certain types of rocks may raise your pH. You can test them by pouring some vinegar on them. If it bubbles, they will probably raise your pH. Otherwise, I just rinse them like I would any other substrate.

lol yea im thinking about that i just very cautious about putting random stuff in my tank i know i bought them that was jsut a spur of the moment thing at 3.20 a bag i couldnt pass it up for anything

Nah, it's fine. Rocks are pretty safe, in general. Typically the only risk you run is altering your pH.

Back
Top Bottom