pea puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darbyy7

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I just got a 55 gallon with a bunch of tetras cories and 2 ram cichlids. I've been wanted a puffer for a little separate tank since my last green spotted tank ate all the tiger barbs in my 10th gallon. Would a pea puffer be okay to put in the 55? I heard they might nip at fish or cory. Thanks

i dont see why not, we picked up a pea puffer for our 20l and he is now a complete member of the tank:) doesnt nip at anyone or attack, just cruises the tank. I also love watching him sleep, he will literally drift aimlessly while sleeping

It's normally not recommended to have them with any other fish besides other dwarf puffers. Some people have had mixed results adding ottos.

All pea puffers have different personalities, so its a hit or miss in your tank. They are also territorial. Try getting a female pea, but I'm not sure if that will help. If they ever go hungry, then they will definitely try to see if the fins taste good. You also don't want to overfeed them, which is actually a lot harder to do than say.

I have a pea puffer ^_^ she gets along great with her tankmates that consist of ottos and kuhli loaches. it really depends on personality but also keep in mind dwarf puffers are less territorial when they are younger, and when they are young sometimes (ive read) they will even school. but when they get older you'll just have to see. have a 5 or 10g ready just in case. hope i helped :)

Back
Top Bottom