Peppermint Shrimp #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squirt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Thanks for the advice about what/how to feed 'Peppi'. Now I have another question, Why is it at the top of my tank holding onto the black plastic ledge? It is still in the water, but at the surface? I am only wondering because all the other shrimp in the store were at the bottom of their tank. Do I have a creepy shrimp or is this normal :? .

Should i rearrange the tank and the rock so the damsel isn't quite as territorial?

Thanks
Pam

Nothing unusual about the shrimps behavour. IME, pepps will perch just about anywhere. Deep inside the rock crevaces to right near the top of the tank structures. My pepp suspends itself just below the HOB skimmer outport on my 27 gal while the one in my 5 gal hangs off an outcropping midway in the rock.

The only concern with the damsel is if it is the same size or larger than the shrimp. The damsel is not above trying to sample what the shrimp may have to offer. It will be evident soon enough if that's the case..

Cheers
Steve

ONE BIG QUESTION!!! What is your salinity and what was theirs (LFS) Sounds like yours is probably higher than theirs. Most stores run 1.020 or LESS, you hopefully run more. I ask the store, and if they have LOW salinity, i Acclimate SLOWLY. Pepps do perch, and it may be normal, but it is worth asking hte LFS before u get anything else

Back
Top Bottom