Peppermint Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clowninround

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a million little pepeermint shrimp in my tank and they keep getting bigger. What predator can I buy for them in a reef tank, besides lionfish? I was going to get a copperbanded butterfly later on, but if they also eat the shrimp I'd rather get one today.

The only bad thing is that if you get a predator than he get rid of all that you have and you wont be able to have any shrimp anymore. Have you tried selling any to your LFS and make some money on them. Maybe some reefers around you might buy them. I sure wish I lived around you.

Yeah, I thought about that, but peppermint shrimp are so darned hard to catch. My tank is a 150 with a ton of rocks and crevices. Then again there is a lot of these little guys. I'd give these puppies away!!! I don't know what it is but stuff just reproduces like crazy in my tank. My corals are way over grown, anemone split, clowns used lay eggs all the time (The female jumped out somehow and I didn't catch it till morning) (with all the fish in there too), i have baby cerith snails everywhere, copepods and mini stars like crazy. My tank was never like this until I switched salts. It's hard to keep up with now. I am tring to get rid of my corals now because they taking over all my rock and there's no room to put anything. I do need stuff for the new tank. I have one fellow reefer from this site interested in looking at my corals and a friend from the pet store who has someone who wants to come down and buy some, so that is a good thing hopefully. I am hopeing that with the addition of stronger lights it will curb the growth of the lower light corals a bit.

I had Instant Ocean and I changed to Tropic Marin. Used to have all kind of problems with my ph and alk but now they are good. Ph is 8.0 in the am and 8.2 in the pm, steady, everyday. That was primarily why I switched.

I was just wondering. I also have similar problems with my corals esp mushrooms. I think your problem is a good one to have. I have made hundreds of dollars by selling mushrooms to the LFS and If your corals are getting too big then frag them or sell them to the LFS for store credit. When you really think about it there`s alot of people wish they had your problems. It`s been a good while that I had to have cash at the LFS. Store credit is a wonderful thing.

Back
Top Bottom