persistant ich...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JakeVS

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello!

so, i bought two German rams about 20 days ago. put them into my 5g quarantine with the water perimeters steady at PH-7 nitrate-10 ammo-0 nitrite-0. they were fine for the first 8 days, on the 9th day i saw some white spots appear on the tail of the male ram. so i started raising the temp and dosed with super ich. the ich has not released itself from the infected fish, however the female has not become infected. i continued treatment for 10 days with super ich but have not dosed since. male fish remains infected while the female is unaffected. any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jake

Use the heat method:

Raise heat slowly to 86

Add an airstone to increase oxygenation

Do substrate vac every 2-3 days to remove spores

Maintain method for 2 weeks

are you sure it's ich? my gbr's have white spots that are just part of their coloring. it seems strange that just the male would have it. i have 2 male gbr's and they both have the spots. it's just part of their color pattern. thought it's worth noting.

jpchin said:
are you sure it's ich? my gbr's have white spots that are just part of their coloring. it seems strange that just the male would have it. i have 2 male gbr's and they both have the spots. it's just part of their color pattern. thought it's worth noting.

I used a med called quick cure ich. Worked in two days. I believe it was three bucks. If it is indeed ich you could try that.

Back
Top Bottom