Petsmart has done it again! pumps on clearance!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are just advertizing it as a pond pump.. LifeGard Quiet One Pumps are used for all types of aquaria FW, SW, Ponds, Reefs... I posted this in the FW general discussion because I couldnt think of the approprate place to give the news. They would be best served to use them for sump type applications or with the inline cartrage system that LifeGard sells in a FW tank.. :mrgreen:

yeah my mom... she says we cant get it for our pond "because it doesnt say waterfall" can anybody confirm that this can be used for a waterfall...

You can use any pump in the world for a waterfall. The only difference is that bigger waterfalls need bigger pumps. There are some formulas out there to calculate it, and the pump should have a rated head height.

i mean... lets say a normal pump has 150 gph and a waterfall pump has 100 gph? will the normal pump go higher?

krap101 said:
i mean... lets say a normal pump has 150 gph and a waterfall pump has 100 gph? will the normal pump go higher?

If you go to the link it has a grid of the head height of the differnt models of pumps.. this is the horizontal distance up that the pump would be able to pump.. Most labeling a pump a "waterfall pump" is just a advertising gimmick.. the pumps are the same and the Quite One and the Mag pumps are in my oppinion the best value and quality on the market..
It really depends on how wide your waterfall will be with how much flow and how much height from the sorce water as to wich pump you would need.. the smallest pump really wouldnt do well for a water fall (low head height).. HTH

If you think I should post this in the pond area as well just say so Fishyfanatic

Back
Top Bottom