PH Drop checkers problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SnowRider

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have two different Co2 drop checkers. They are reading different colors and I can figure out why.
Any ideas on why this is happening?
The top one seems correct but the glass one that's 4 inches down is very light yellow.
Finish are not gasping at surface at all.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1453039339.511573.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1453039354.124228.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1453039365.456701.jpg

I would suggest taking both of them out, clean them and replace the reagent with new solution. The glass drop checker should only be just below the surface (the whole thing I mean)

@Ziggy953 Did that today. Split the two drop checkers to both ends of the tank and refreshed the juice in them.
I think the blue reagent in both drop checker kits are different.

Do you have the same mixture in each dc?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The blue looks a bit like the fluval solution I have when it is straight out of the bottle and hasn't started to change colour. Wondering if a blocked drop checker could also be cause.

@Brookster123 No; that might be the problem.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1453073811.222946.jpg
The one on the left came with the kit in the pic above. The other solution came with this drop checker.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1453073911.569179.jpg

Well there's your problem...

@Brookster123. Have you had this problem before? What do you think I should do for the solutions? The solution for the fully glass drop checker is the one that changes the most. It was piss yellow today

Just use the glass dc. Unless you water is crazy? 4dkh w 4 drops if regent

@Deadpool You running pressurized CO2 through a reactor?

I'm am - it's an internal tunze diffuser hooked up to a ph controller. I keep an eye on bubble counts so as not to exceed the tunze capacity and have the drop checker as well but the ph controller is doing most of it for me. I've been recently told a ph probe for the controller lasts about 18mths. Recently checked and it's still ok so fingers crossed as it must be about that old.

http://www.amazon.com/Tunze-USA-7074-500-Diffuser-Compact/dp/B00H6YW0QK

Back
Top Bottom