ph level

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hubbybug12409

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Good day folks.. I tested my tank and the Ph level is high.. how do u lower it

What's your pH reading and what's your stock? Stability is key. pH swings can stress or even kill your fish.

Yes, a stable pH is always better than trying to pinpoint a specific number, the fish should adapt to it. My pH is about 8 out of the tap, but somehow it goes to 6.8 in my tank, which is perfect for my angelfish..I don't know what happens though lol! I know I inject CO2 and have driftwood in the tank, that might be it.

My pH is at 8.2 and always stays that way, even in my tank. I do have driftwood but our water is so hard so I'm guessing this doesnt even touch the pH. I would much rather keep the pH as it is. I have never added anything and never would. My fish are fine and definitely benefit from very slow acclimatisation.

Yes, a stable pH is always better than trying to pinpoint a specific number, the fish should adapt to it. My pH is about 8 out of the tap, but somehow it goes to 6.8 in my tank, which is perfect for my angelfish..I don't know what happens though lol! I know I inject CO2 and have driftwood in the tank, that might be it.

How do you compensate for High PH out of tap. Mine is 8 out of tap and 6.8 in tank. I have to be very careful when doing WC to not have huge PH swing. I've killed 5 pleco's already because of PH shock !!! ;(
I have a python WC

Tank pH

Good day folks.. I tested my tank and the Ph level is high.. how do u lower it

Hello hubb...

Unless you're keeping rare fish, the vast majority will do well in water with a pH of between 6 to 8.5 with no trouble, as long as it stays level. Don't try to change the pH, you won't be able to keep it steady and you could cause a sudden change. A sudden change in the acidity or alkalinity of the water can kill your fish.

B

The water in Victoria is a stable ph of 7.0 from the tap no chemicals added

Hello hubb...

Unless you're keeping rare fish, the vast majority will do well in water with a pH of between 6 to 8.5 with no trouble, as long as it stays level. Don't try to change the pH, you won't be able to keep it steady and you could cause a sudden change. A sudden change in the acidity or alkalinity of the water can kill your fish.

B

I have to agree although 6 is really low IMHO, but like I said and BB said and I think most of us said stability is more important, drastic swings or inconstancies in pH levels is what will stress or kill your fish. I suggest always testing tap once in a while just to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom