PH levels with goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Priest

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello I have a 10 Gallon tank with 2 goldfish in the tank (Temporary tank) and I notice that the pH level of the water was 6.8 but my test suggest that I keep it at 7.5. My fishes are happy and are active, so I was wondering is 6.8 good for them and if it isn't what should I do to raise the levels. Thank you.

EDIT: By they way I am running 2 filters on the 10 gallon (A whisper 10i and a AquaClear 20) so with my water changes they are doing alright, even though the tank isn't cycled yet and the AQ20 is about a week old now.

Parameters from today's test:
pH-6.8
Ammonia-0.25 (Almost yellow)
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-0

If ur goldfish are happy now I wouldn't try adjusting the ph. It's more important the fish have a stable ph then what is recommended for the fish. If u start trying to adjust ur ph then u will have to adjust it every time u do a PWC. and u run the chance of a fluctuating ph which is not good.

Normally the pH in the tank is between 6.8-7.0 and it never goes higher or lower than that.

They will adjust to your ph though it is a bit low for goldfish. I wouldnt touch it for now & i would just focus on keeping the tank numbers in check in such a small, uncycled, overstocked tank. When you move them to a bigger home, you can consider gradually adding a bit of crushed coral to your filter to bring the ph up slowly to around 7.2-7.5. Ask for more help with this when they are moved into their new home!

Back
Top Bottom