Ph problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

simian

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am having trouble with keeping my ph up in the 8.1-8.3 range. I have to adjust the ph at least twice a week to keep in in range. I have a 35 gallon tank half filled with live rock, crushed coral substrate and 2 puffers, 1 coral beauty, 3 chromis and a wrasse(christmas I think). Can any one please help me to find a way to keep the ph level more constant ? thanks

What level is it at?
Also what time of day do you check? PH tends to fluctuate throughout the day being lower at night and in the early AM.

The level ranges from 7.8 to 8.3, I test it about 5pm. I don't know the alkalinity levels.

These results are they both taken at the same time of the day? How many days apart? Sorry for all the question, just trying to get a feel of the fluctuations. Also was the higher reading after buffering? How ofter do you buffer? Water changes and how often. Yes and Alk level would help.

All test are done at about 5pm, two to three days apart. The higher readings are taken just after I put buffer in. I have to use the buffer to adjust the ph up after each test. I change 10% every two to three weeks.
thanks

Do you have a glass top? This can tend to trap Co2 which can cause your PH to drop. Just a thought, if you do, try leaving the glass top open for a few hours and then test it again. Better yet, open a window in the room if you can. See if that helps.
Also, that tank is very overstocked (no offense intended). How are your other water levels?

Back
Top Bottom