PH?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mbaker82

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi i have a question about PH. i have had my SW tank for about 2 years now and i have never had my had at 8.2 it more like 7.8 to 8.0 i have had the same live rock 30 pounds and same agernite sand that i first had. i do all reg. water changes and keep up always on my maintnce. well i would like to get in to corals but i know this ph is not going to fly well with them. although. my fish do not seem to mind( i wonder why some times) i know my coral will. could it be that its so low because all have is 30 poundslive rock in a 55 gallon tank?
heres what i have in my tank
55 gallon sw tank
25 watt uv sterlizer
2- maxi-jet 1200
1- 200 watt heater
wet dry filter
4X96 watt orbit pc light

2-yellow tail damsels
1- nemo
1-dory
1- poor mans morrish idol
1-green cromis
1- med butterfly fish ( i just know he is a butterfly fish)
and about 15 hermits
4 star fish ( 1 sand sifter, 1 tigerstrip, and 2 red stripe)

could some one please help me fix my problem.i have tryed every thing
sorry for the mis spelled words. i am in a hurry
thanks so much for tanking the time to read this
your help would be greatfull
michael baker

I cured my ph problem by getting my water surface moving good. Might try some ph buffer and get a ph pointed to the surface. What are your alk. and ca levles? This is also a contributing factor.

i tried ph buffer and i do all my reg. water changes. i have 2 -1200 maxi-jet power heads for movement of the surface water. as for cal. i use a buffer every day that i add. alk. i dont have a test for but i will go get one now. if its to low. how do i rasie it and viseversa.
michael

Lets just get some true readings and see where were at and go from their. If you only have 2 1200's I would say thats not enough.

Back
Top Bottom