Philippine Fish Show Grand champion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericflowerfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone, I was privileged to be going to the Philippines to present the award for the Philippine Arowana & Lo Han Society flowerhorn competition as we (Grand Sumo) were a major sponsor for the event. They had awards for the following categories : Zhen Zhous (different size categories), Kamfas (different size categories) and the overall Grand Champion.

After I presented the Grand Champion award, I was pleasantly caught by surprised when the flowerhorn owner told me that the fish came from flowerfish.com. He bought it quite some time ago from our importer when it was just 3" and boy did it look great! Here's the picture for all of you in the USA...

DSC00023.jpg

~~@ :=b -=D=-

How do people get the fish from one place to another for these shows? Must be a lot of moving around, I would expect the fish to get stressed and then look bad for the show :)

Big trailer with personal air pump, personal brine shrimp maker.... :D :D :D

Finally another malaysian :)

grimlock3000 said:
How do people get the fish from one place to another for these shows? Must be a lot of moving around, I would expect the fish to get stressed and then look bad for the show :)

I was wondering the same thing--and what about people who have planted show tanks? Do they come to their homes to judge those or do they actually transport the tanks? 8O

Seems like an awful lot of work.

they have to set up the tanks at the competition centers...yeah a lot of hard work involved...and no the fishes were already in the Philippines as it was a local gig, but for international competitions, yeah, the fishes travel like we do!

Back
Top Bottom