Phosphate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Emelinda76

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've had high phosphates for unknown time. Bought a phos reactor which has been set up for 4 days.... The phos went from 10 to 2 which two PWC..
However, I curious to know why didn't I see any signs excess bad algae?

If Anything the little green I had vanished??? Is this bad? What are your thoughts?

Light stand: 72 inch Current USA 12x39W Lights: Current T5HO (2)-10kk True lumen T5HO (6)-12kk. Power white Current T5HO (4)-460nm Actinics 220 gallons custom tank

My only sudjestion would be, there was nothing to seed it. But I am not a pro. Count yourself lucky. My phos was at like 3 ppm and I could,t take the hair algea out fast enough. Like half a bucket a week. It was rediculous

I have about 16 hermit crabs n 20 snails plus 6 nazarius

I did see a bloom of green hair n bubble algae when I used tap water ( now 3 months ago)... but when I started to use RO/DI - it vanish in a matter of three weeks

Light stand: 72 inch Current USA 12x39W Lights: Current T5HO (2)-10kk True lumen T5HO (6)-12kk. Power white Current T5HO (4)-460nm Actinics 220 gallons custom tank

Still between 2 & 5 ppm ;(.. I dint want to continue doing water changes .. I feel this will make fish sick .. Instead I bought.. Phos sponge remover .. Added to main filtration ... Let's see if this helps anymore

keep an eye on your phosphates if they do drop. wee where they are coming from. make sure your RO filters are fresh and make sure you rinse any frozen food or flaked food with RO water, they tend to carry alot os phosphates

Gti_Leo said:
keep an eye on your phosphates if they do drop. wee where they are coming from. make sure your RO filters are fresh and make sure you rinse any frozen food or flaked food with RO water, they tend to carry alot os phosphates

Yeap I'm following these instructions ...

Back
Top Bottom