Photoperiod and dosing Q

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sallyjano

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I will be dosing my tank with glut/ferts earlier in the day than normal because of starting a new job on Monday so I am adjusting my photoperiod. The plan: dosing glut/ferts at 7-7.30am, lights on 12pm to 3pm, off 3 hours, back on again 6pm to 10pm.

The reason I'm not putting them on until 12pm is because I don't get home until at least 6pm and if they lights are on and off earlier in the day I don't get to enjoy the tank as much.

The Qs......does it matter that I dose 5 hours before any light? Also will there still be enough carbon until 10pm? (I know the glut disperses at 50% every 24 hours but not sure if the carbon component lasts that long?).

Thanks!

Following because I'm interested in the responses as well.
My photoperiod is from 4-11 PM and I usually dose ferts/glut anywhere between 6-9 PM due to my work schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Curious about this too. I tend to dose glut in the morning before I leave for work and then have my photoperiod set up almost exactly as you describe. It's been working for me so far, although I am dealing with a little BBA, but nothing huge.

That is exactly the photo period setup i use and pretty much same dosing time. Also due to work.

Has worked nicely for me

I split photo too, do all my dosing in the mornings, i think it works, well.. i guess it works, I'm sure there are 2093 things I'm doing wrong anyways but that's what I do;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom