Pics of my new friends!! NEW QUESTION ... PLEASE READ!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jermz79

Aquarium Advice Addict
After finding some BLOOD SUCKING Isopods in my new nano, I caught my new little clown goby, and gave him a nice FW dip, cleaned up a wound he had and then put him in the 29gal! Looks like he's having a much better time in there ... swimming about and perching on my shrooms!

And I finally caught some pics of my Pom-Pom ... first time I had seen him since he kitchhiked in on my shroom rock!! HE is cool, he was follwing the hermit around and waving his little anemones everywhere!

Enjoy!
Jermz

Attachments

• 1_207.jpg
    1_207.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 2_246.jpg
    2_246.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 84
  • goby1.jpg
    goby1.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 110
Oh man they are cool, and cheap too! I only paid $4.99 for him!
I wonder if someone would be able to pick one up for you and ship it over there ... although shipping to Australia isn't cheap!!!!

I got a question as well ...

See that rock with shrooms on it? I want to take that and split it so I can put a few of those shrooms in my new nano! what is the best way to do it? Hammer and chisel ... in the water ... out of water? I really have no clue, maybe I should not attempt it and just go buy more shrooms huh?

Thanks,
Jermz

Two ways:

1. Put a rock beside it and wait....

2. Cut off a shroom from the base, and cut it into 2, 4, 6, 8 halves. When cutting the shroom make sure you cut it like a pizza and make sure that each slice has a peice of the center in it. I recommend 2, 4 peices per shroom if you have never done it before...

After you have the peices, use wedding veil netting, place the peice on the rock, and cover with the netting. Rubberband the netting in the back. In a about a week it will be attached.

HTH!

Here is a great place to read all about fragging... www.garf.org go to the propogation link on the left...

Wow 8O ... sounds more difficult than I thought!
Maybe I will do A LOT of reading and in the meantime just go buy some more shrooms!

If I was to try it, should I cut it with a razor blade and should it be done in the water or out?

Thanks,
Jermz

You can keep a dish of water to let them sit in, but you pull it out to do the cutting. You could use a razor on a cutting board, or a pair of scissors if the shroom is big enough...

It's not that hard.. :wink:

O.K.

What I get from garf.org is ....

Cut the cap off the stem leaving a little stem on the cap and a little on the rock, then take that cap and split it in 2 down the middle or 4 or 6 or 8 IF your really good, and then place those splits into some kind of dish with some rubble ... cover them in netting and VOILA!!!! 3-4weeks and they will be attached and growing!

Am I correct or not!!! I think I may give it a shot tonight!!

You can do that as well.... :wink:

Either way will work. If you use the pizza method, you will get more shrooms..

Good Luck! :p

Back
Top Bottom