Pictus Catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bstaack55

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just got a pictus catfish from lfs, I introduces him into my aquarium and an hour later I realized he has ich. Could he have gotten it from my aquarium that quick?
The tank is established. I have 4 swordtails, 2 mollies, an angel, 2 party's, and 3 bristle nose plecos. I did notice the pH levels are a little high...

No, he would've gotten it from the LFS aquarium.

How big is your tank? Pictus aren't small fish...

I quarentened it immediately, but I don't think he will make it through the night.

I just got a pictus catfish from lfs, I introduces him into my aquarium and an hour later I realized he has ich. Could he have gotten it from my aquarium that quick?
The tank is established. I have 4 swordtails, 2 mollies, an angel, 2 party's, and 3 bristle nose plecos. I did notice the pH levels are a little high...

Wow! Dejavu! I had gotten one a few days ago and I discovered it had ich also soon as I put it into my tank (55g also) wasn't a good 5 minutes...I got him out immediately and took him back to the store..did a 75% PWC and been watching my other babies closely

Unfortunately the store is already closed, looks like I'll be making the trip back tomorrow :/

Good lesson as to why you quarantine first.

Good lesson as to why you quarantine first.

Yes it is/was..my qt was and still is occupied...next time I will just wait till it has nothing in it before bringing any fish home:facepalm:(y) especially when I don't buy from the old trusty lfs

Back
Top Bottom