Pictus catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilmack07

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just recently moved my Pictish catfish from a 20 gallon to my 55 gallon and he has kinda picked out his spot but he has constantly swam up against the glass since he's been put in there. I don't know if this is normal or not. He will kinda stop to eat but for the most part of the day he is up against the glass swimming back and
Forth and around and around. In the 20 gallon he had settled down at the bottom and would guard his little area. I'm just afraid he's not adjusting well to the new tank.

He should adjust in time.. what else is in the tank? He might still be getting use to it.

That's what I am thinking but he does the around and around so much it starting to worry me. I don't know if just need to put more plants for more hiding or what. But I don't want to take away all the swimming space either. There are turquoise rainbows, yellow skirt tetras ( don't know their proper name) neon tetras, gourami, blue ram, angelfish, and two snails.

Edit- and an albino bristle nose pleco

I have them in my African tank. I had one and it would swim back and forth and up and down non stop like you are saying. It eventually stopped and then it was like I never seen him again. All it would do is hide all the time. So I added 2 more and they did the same thing with the glass. But now they are all out together all the time.

I would say they all do that when they are young. Mine stopped doing it around 4" -5"

That sounds about how he acted in the 20 gallon. I know when he settled in he found him and spot and never came out of it hardly. So I guess he just hasn't found that spot yet. That makes me feel a little better. He is about 3 to 3.5 inches I believe. I figured he would love having more room.

That sounds about how he acted in the 20 gallon. I know when he settled in he found him and spot and never came out of it hardly. So I guess he just hasn't found that spot yet. That makes me feel a little better. He is about 3 to 3.5 inches I believe. I figured he would love having more room.

Yea a 20 is to small I think the recommended size is a 30 gallon. But even that to me sounds to small to me. They should be kept in groups and get 5-6" my oldest doesn't seem to be growing and I think it's 5" but.it may be bigger. Its hard to judge looking threw water and thick glass. Mine are in a 180 gallon

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130411_141718.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130411_141718.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 72
Sounds like he's gone from being unhappy to happy :)

Yea a 20 is to small I think the recommended size is a 30 gallon. But even that to me sounds to small to me. They should be kept in groups and get 5-6" my oldest doesn't seem to be growing and I think it's 5" but.it may be bigger. Its hard to judge looking threw water and thick glass. Mine are in a 180 gallon

180 gallon***dreams***

Back
Top Bottom