Pictus catfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish loach boy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so I want a large catfish for my 55 gallon tank, for the bottom feeders I have 2 striped Raphael's and 4 black kuhlis, I want pictus catfish because they are colorful, and get to a decent size, I really like my Raphael cats but they just hide all day and come out at night so, is it a good idea to add 4 or maybe 4 pictus cats?
Thank you

Can I see a pic of the black kuole or what ever there called never seen one before.. And I would get about 3 I'm hoping to get 2 more for my tank soon

Ok the biggest will be the striped Raphael's at 7 inches, but they retreat all day into their caves
And sure! These are my black kuhlis
img_2684573_0_cf054f5e86bb0cd2650f529724c0e0f2.jpg
img_2684573_1_d54efdc37dd8458a868efa6626717bf6.jpg
img_2684573_2_9fab7cf91ecdff46e2f482809d9221bd.jpg

Ya that looks fine. I'm hoping to get a spotted raf for my take some time soon

Spotted Raphael's are very neat, but since I have dark substrate, I got striped Raphael's since they are a better color

They would eat anything that can fit in there mouth, would out comepeat the Raphael cat for food and most likely eat the khulis. My vote is no
Hmm, look at pet sloutions for a oil catfish, it might work

Oh ok, so that brings it down, unfortunately I don't have much access to Internet, as websites ask at least 20 dollars for shipping, and I'm not paying that much

Idk if it would eat the Khulis that's quite a meal lol def smaller fish though. I'd stick with one or the other not both

Yea, I want something colorful, but that surely won't eat my kuhlis, what about eclipse catfish, and what websites have low sipping cost?

I have one pictus in my 55 gallon tank. I also have 2 striped rapheal catfish and 3 Plecos. They are all doing well and big.

Back
Top Bottom