pictus??????!!!!!!!!!!! Nah..........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovemybarbs

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought a beautiful angelius botia loach yesterday. Her/his markings were perfect. It was fairly big. Over two inches. A lot bigger than my shark. Last night I gave them some frozen bloodworms and went to bed.

This morning. Gone. I checked the filter and the cave. I can't find him. I know they burrow from time to time and I really shouldn't panic. I seriously doubt pictus ate him, but he's dancing pretty happily this morning.

This loach was a weird one in the bag. He would crawl out of the water on purpose. Half his body would be in the air. I checked outside the tank.

I would just give him time. I'm sure he is just hiding. They are little buggers when it comes to that. You'll laugh at yourself when he comes out. I surely did the first time this happened to me. I spent hours looking for him and took all of my decor out trying to find him. Hope he comes out soon though!! Best of luck

He isn't in the filter. He isn't under the stand. My wood is hallow. He must be in there. I just saw the shark come out from there. He may have been visiting. He never goes in there.

My barbs appear terrified of this loach. What a bunch of pansies.

I'll feed them and see.

Update:::

:multi: :multi: :multi:

He's alive!! I worried all day for nothing!!! I just saw him and he was sharing the same cave with the pictus. I guess I don't have to worry about the catfish killing him. Now if he gets stuck in that wood, NOT GOOD.

he's a rather expensive fish for what I'm used to buying. $20.00. He's beautiful and worth it if he doesn't get swallowed. Believe me, I've been thinking about it.

Yes, they can be a little pricy but well worth the cash if you can keep them alive and well for a while. Very fun fish to watch swim around if he/she comes out when you are there!!! Good luck with them and its good to hear it is safe and sound.

Back
Top Bottom