Pink skunk clowns have gotta go!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

austinsdad

Aquarium Advice Addict
Always wanted two pairs of clowns. Found a nice med/large pair of pink skunks. In QT, they "warmed up" after a few days of hovering in one corner and started chasing the other fish. I thought in the big tank (155g) they'd calm down. Same thing, they started in one corner, rather bashful. Now they chase the chromis, the other clown pair, my chromis, clown goby, and wrasses.

Got lucky yesterday and caught the male. See, he ain't too smart. I hung the net over him and he swam out to see it. Dummy. Now that female, the more agressive of the two, she's REAL smart and watches me like a hawk when I have the net.

I thought once the naso and purple tangs went in the main, she'd calm down, but I'm not taking any chances. Gotta go.

Gotta sneak up on her when she's eating.

Build the 2 liter trap! Works great for me...Glad to hear the new tank is up and running...Im starting to think about a 135-180 gal...Please stop me for the love of god

Dave, you are cordially invited over to help me get them, well her, and take'm both back home with you. And... you can visit Roozen's while you're here and take home even more stuff. :roll:

Could you 'splain that litre bottle trick to me? Or - heck, just bring one down with you when you come. 8)

Cut the top off and flip it over and fasten it so it makes a "funnel" going into the bottle. They go in but can not figure out how to get out.

You will prob have to cut the threaded part off the bottle to make the hole big enough for the fish. Put some food in it and they will eventually go in after it. I have also had luck attaching a 2 liter bottle to a dowel rod. Cut the bottom off of it an put it in the tank and squirt food gently into it through the threaded opening with a baster. When the fish goes in to eat push the bottle to the bottom them put net under the bottom and pull it up.

Attachments

• untitled_206.jpg
    untitled_206.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 152
I see, cut the top off and flip it over. Nice little trap.

This is how i caught my diamond goby:

Leave the net in the tank for a few hours. Drop food near the net area. When the fish comes to get food, make a quick swing and the fish is history! XD

Dave, say the word. I'll make sure your trip is worthwhile.

Fishfrik - this girl is way too smart for that. When the net hangs in the tank, she stays behind the rocks. Best I can do is feed and try to swoop with a nearby net. She's qwik too.

Back
Top Bottom