Planned Water Flow for 112G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Muscle

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm in the process of planning (and slowly setting up) a 112G low tech jungle tank and I was looking for input on the amount of flow I will have.

The tank is 5 feet long, 18" front to back, and 24" tall. It has an overflow on the left side (about 9" from the left edge). It has returns on the right side with four loc-line flat nozzle jets. Based on calculations I will be running about 400 gallons per hour through the overflow and returns.

In addition I'm planning on placing a Koralia 240 powerhead on the left glass pointing across the tank.

Will this be enough flow? Should I plan for a second powerhead on the right side (where the sump returns are)? Or should I use a larger powerhead on the right side? Any other input or suggestions?

Thanks,
Harry

No that will be absolutely no flow what so ever for this tank. You are not able to feel the force of this pump even 6 inches away.

For 112g I would be placing at least something above 1,000 GPH. Checkout Jebao. You can run the at 100% 75% and 50% speeds. I'd do a WP-40 for this tank

Back
Top Bottom