Planning a Papua New Guinea tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaysE

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've decided to redo my tank to emulate a Papua New Guinea environment. The main attraction would be Goo Obo gudgeons, and I am considering threadfin rainbows as well. I need to know a couple things though...

Are there freshwater shrimp and snails that are native to that region?
What plants are native?
Has anyone had experience with Cryptocoryne versteegii?
Is there an Oto-type fish native to that region?

I have been doing searches fir hours looking for some info for you, this is all I could find: http://www.australianrainbowfish.com/ I am sorry it isnt much. Good luck with the tank re-do, sounds like it is going to be really neat. Did you ever find your grudgeon? I read the post about him missing. By the looks of your avatar, he has grown quite a bit, and what a beauty. Good luck, let me know how it goes.

No, I never found him. He had started to develop some great coloration as you can see in the pic; it is heartbreaking that he disappeared. I will end up with more Goo Obos, but Goby-Wan will live on as the icon of my new project. :)

I have been to that link, but that's really the only one I can find, too. I appreciate you looking though!

Back
Top Bottom