Plant identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Neshman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Need help with the plant in the corner. Any help would be appreciated.

image-2458718142.jpg

Bought it awhile ago and can't remember what it was.

image-172341710.jpg

That's what I thought. I was told this was amazon sword (below) and as you can see there is a difference.

image-3873772029.jpg

There are different kinds of amazon swords, but needs wise they are almost all the same. They are heavy root feeders , so i would put some root tabs around your tank for them. :)

Different forms of the same species most likely. The last pic looks like it's kinda halfway between emersed and submersed forms. The emersed form Amazon sword has a longer stem.

+1

A lot of plants have completely different shaped leaves when they are grown out of water compared to when they are grown in the water.

Different forms of the same species most likely. The last pic looks like it's kinda halfway between emersed and submersed forms. The emersed form Amazon sword has a longer stem.

The stem is what was really throwing me off.

They also will grow differently with different light levels. They may just be getting different conditions being in different parts of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom