plant trouble....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubbles0oO

Aquarium Advice Addict
i bought some plants from my LFS and they were healthy but i put them in my 16 gal and they started to get algae all over them, so when i clean out the tank in 2 days i plan tio wipe most of it off, i have a bottom feeder and some small snails that breed s(i wouldnt mind if the snails died off, seeing as they came with some of the plants i bought before and just breed with eachother) is there any home remady for removing the algae? i really dont want to buy a algae-fix if i dont have to. Also my 55 has what i think to be the beginnngs of long hair algae.:thanks:

That is a very complex question to answer. It depends on what type of light, what type of algae, co2 level, tank temp. Many many variables in that equasion. But if you have the light that is included with most aquariums from petstores, they will not support plant growth.

ok, so just scrub it off of the sides of the tank and off the leaves of the plants, what about the decoration? its pretty dirty and the gravel too...

Yea, we need to know the light levels, plat type, parameters, ferts, stocking, tank height, etc.

well heres what i jknow off the top of my head
i have ghost shrimp a swordtail teteras and some clear fish (forgot what they are called) its a 16 gal bowfront and idk the lighting (same bulb as i got with kit when i purchased) and idk the plant type

Back
Top Bottom